Tuesday, September 23, 2008

About the Director: Ms. Annette Morris

Welcome to my blog about Kindermusik, music education, early childhood development, and the fun that comes with raising children! I created this blog to help keep everyone informed about happenings at our studio classes, preschool classes, and to learn more about Ms. Annette & her staff, as well as, dialoge about topics relating to young children and music.

I love my career: Teaching music to children and families. I have seen (and continue to see) the joy of music transforming lives in our classrooms. From the smallest of babies to the parents and grandparents that attend,too. Music is a gift that lifts our spirits, helps us remember special moments, creates a venue for learning and bonds families together.
In addition to teaching Kindermusik classes, I spend my time administrating our Kindermusik business. We currently have a staff of 9 teachers, have over 150 studio students, 150 ABC students, and over 400 daycare/preschool students. We also do music classes at the Hope House in Memphis and the Memphis Jewish. All those things keep me a little bit busy when I'm not teaching!

Besides Kindermusik, I enjoy singing in the Bellevue Baptist choir, a Christian Band each Tuesday morning at Bellevue Baptist Church, singing periodically in special events at Bellevue and other local churches, and even participate in drama events every so often.
My main priorities right now are my husband and 2 wonderful children. You will usually see me around FACS school each Thursday afternoon watching Kayla, my 6th grader, cheer at the Thursday football games, and then every Friday night you'll see me at the High School games cheering on my son, 11th grader, that is a starter for the FACS high school football team. Both of my children love sports, however, they also are very involved in music. Kayla plays the flute in the beginner band, and Andrew is in the FACS choir and ensemble.

No comments: